Zara and Leo are on a mission to hear from YOU. Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
In this episode, Justin from Los Angeles in the United States is on a mission to save one of the world's most fascinating species - frogs! Listen along to find out how you can make a difference in the world too.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
- Turn to Chapter 10 "Make a Difference in the World" in the Big Life Journal Second Edition. In this chapter, children will practise thinking about ways they can make a difference.
- Beatrice’s Goat by Page McBrier
- Calling the Water Drum by LaTisha Redding
- Emily, 10-Year-Old Champion of Rainforest Animals in Need by Cathleen Burnham
- The Can Man by Laura E. Williams
- Maddi’s Fridge by Lois Brandt
- Uncle Willie and the Soup Kitchen by Dyanne Disalvo-Ryan
1. Go through the 5-Day Kindness Challenge (in the Kindness & Community Kit) together as a family or class. This challenge is full of fun and engaging activities for children to flex their kindness muscles.
2. Choose one activity each week from the 30 Ways to Make a Difference printable (in our Kindness & Community Kit) to complete as a family or classroom.
3. Colour the Makes a Difference Colouring Page (in our 2020 New Year Kit PDF for ages 11+) to hang up as a reminder that anyone, no matter how small, can make a difference.
- What did Justin do to help frogs?
- What ways can you make a difference in the world?
- If you could improve anything in the world or your community, what would it be?
For Parents and Teachers
- How to Raise Kind and Caring Children
- Key Strategies to Teach Children Empathy
- 7 Key Steps to Raising Inclusive Children
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.