Zara and Leo are on a mission to hear from YOU. Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
In this episode, Aden from Baltimore in the US proves that kindness really is a superpower! Find out about his trip to Puerto Rico and learn about the ways you can share kindness in your community.
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- discover the superpower of kindness!
- be inspired by Aden, our listener who travels to Puerto Rico
- Turn to Chapter 9 "Be Kind" in the Big Life Journal Second Edition. In this chapter, children will reflect on a time they did a kind thing for someone and how it made them feel.
- Listening with My Heart: A story of kindness and self-compassion, by Gabi Garcia
- We’re All Wonders by R.J. Palacio
- We All Sing With the Same Voice by J. Philip Miller and Sheppard M. Greene
- The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwing
- Kindness can be the norm
- How to Change the World With Kindness
- Kid President + Glad to Give present "How Good Spreads"
1. Create Kindness Rocks using the ideas in our Podcast Activity Kit as a great way for kids to practice spreading positivity and encouraging others. Once the kindness rocks are made, kids can hide them around neighborhoods, stores, schools, and other places for people to find.
2. The 5-Day Kindness Challenge in the Kindness & Community Kit is a fun challenge for the whole family. The activities help children practice being kind to the world around them, others, and themselves.
3. Use the Weekly Sunshine Report in the Growth Mindset Activity Kit to shine the light on everyone in your family or class. This activity is a great way to build self-esteem and confidence and practice sharing kindness and love with others.
4. Use the sibling kindness activities included in our Kindness & Community Kit to help your children share kindness with each other. The 25 Ways to Be a Kind Sibling has simple ideas your children can start implementing today. They can also cut out the Sibling Kindness Star to leave behind when they do kind things for each another. Lastly, they can create a Sibling Kindness Jar and take turns picking out the jar and doing kind things.
- What inspired Aden to do a toy drive?
- What could you do to help other children or someone in need?
- Can you think of a time someone was kind to you? Describe what happened.
- Why is it important that we are kind to each other?
For Parents and Teachers
- 29 Books and Activities That Teach Kindness to Children
- Key Strategies to Teach Children Empathy (Sorted by Age)
- How to Raise Kind and Caring Children
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.