Zara and Leo are on a mission to hear from YOU. Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
In this episode, Aden from Baltimore in the United States proves that kindness really IS a superpower! Find out about his trip to Puerto Rico and learn about the ways you can show a little kindness in your community.
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
- Turn to Chapter 9 "Be Kind" in the Big Life Journal Second Edition. In this chapter, children will discover the superpower of kindness.
- Listening with My Heart: A story of kindness and self-compassion, by Gabi Garcia
- We’re All Wonders by R.J. Palacio
- We All Sing With the Same Voice by J. Philip Miller and Sheppard M. Greene
- The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwing
- Kindness Can be the Norm
- How to Change the World With Kindness
- Kid President + Glad to Give present How Good Spreads
1. The 5-Day Kindness Challenge in the Kindness & Community Kit is a great way to instantly spread kindness! It helps children to be kind to the world around them, others, and themselves.
2. Use the Weekly Sunshine Report in the Growth Mindset Activity Kit and SHINE the light on everyone in your family or class! This activity is great to build self-esteem and confidence. You will also practise sharing kindness and love with others. Spread some sunshine today!
3. Could your children use some sibling bonding activities? The sibling kindness activities included in our Kindness & Community Kit have you covered! The 25 Ways to Be a Kind Sibling has simple ideas siblings can do for each other to show kindness. Your children can cut out the Sibling Kindness Star to leave behind when they do kind things for each another. Lastly, they can create a Sibling Kindness Jar by cutting out the strips, fold, and place in a jar. Siblings can take turns picking out the jar and doing kind things for one another.
- What inspired Aden to do a toy drive to help other children?
- Can you think of a time someone was kind to you? Describe what happened.
- Why is it important that we are kind to each other?
For Parents and Teachers
- 29 Books and Activities That Teach Kindness to Children
- Key Strategies to Teach Children Empathy (Sorted by Age)
- How to Raise Kind and Caring Children
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.