Zara and Leo prepare to serve dinner to Leo’s Italian family! But as the
hungry guests keep coming, they begin to wonder if they have bitten off
more than they can chew... Discover the power of ASKING FOR HELP
when you need it, and meet the Italian master chef who found a way to
help others by cooking and creating new recipes!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
In this episode, children will:
- Discover the power of asking for help
- Travel to Italy
- Meet Massimo Bottura, a master chef
- I Just Want to Do It My Way! My Story about Staying on Task and Asking for Help by Juilia Cook
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
The Secret Life of Pets 2 (2019) PG A group of pets work together to rescue a toy and a lonely tiger.
- Toy Story 4 (2019) G Characters work together to make sure a little girl has a loved toy and ask for help along the way.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE BINGO ACTIVITY
1. Be sure to check out the Self-Esteem & Confidence Kit! The activities help kids learn how to overcome their negative self-talk and start believing in themselves and encourage them to ask for help.
2. Our popular The Confidence of a Lion poster is a wonderful way to build self-esteem, help kids recognize their strengths, and encourage positive self-talk.
3. Encourage journal writing (or journal drawing for younger kids). Check out the Big Life Journal 2nd Edition for children ages 7-10. This beautiful journal is filled with encouraging stories, space to draw, and fun writing prompts. It’s designed to help children believe in themselves and cultivate a growth mindset.
- What did Leo and Zara learn about asking for help?
- How did asking for help, help Massimo feed the homeless people in his city?
- Who can you ask for help at home or at school?
For Parents and Teachers
- 5 Ways Kids Can Inspire and Help a Community
- 9 Fun Ways to Boost Your Child's Confidence
- How to Use the Big Life Kids Podcast Together with Big Life Journal
- How to Raise Kind and Caring Children
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Hernandez.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!