Zara and Leo love to hear from you, our listeners! Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
This week, Erin from Lochwinnoch motivates herself to climb the highest mountain in Scotland, Ben Nevis! And find out how to create your own PEP TALK, as Zara and Leo canoe across Loch Lomond in search of the Midnight Piper!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- Learn how to motivate themselves with a Pep Talk!
- Be inspired by our listener Erin
- “The Day the Crayons Quit” (or watch a read-out-loud video here) by Drew Daywalt
- “You Can Do It Bert” by Ole Könnecke
- “After the Fall (How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again)” by Dan Santat
- "Cannonball" by Sacha Cotter
- Watch a short film about a hiker climbing Ben Nevis.
- Watch this inspiring video on persevering no matter how many times you have failed in life.
2. Download the list of 50 positive phrases to affirm your children (in the Growth Mindset Printable Kit). Print it out and hang it somewhere where you will see it often.
3. Draw affirmations on the mirror. Help your children use sticky notes or washable felt tips to place or draw affirmations on the mirror. This way, when they look in the mirror, they will see more than their physical appearance.
4. Boost self-confidence with other fun and meaningful activities — have a look at our Challenges Kit, which includes our popular Self-Love Challenge.
5. Use the Positive Affirmations poster designed to cultivate positive self-talk, improve self-esteem and develop a growth mindset.
6. Check out the Podcast Activity Kit for Seasons 1 & 2. The kit includes engaging activities to boost self-esteem, teach the importance of learning from mistakes, encourage resilience and more!
- How did Erin feel when she started to lose her motivation?
- What helped Erin to keep going?
- What are some encouraging words you can tell yourself to stay motivated?
For Parents and Teachers
- 5 Research-Based Approaches to Help Children When They Want to Quit
- 5 Ways to Help Your Child be a Problem Solver
- 9 Activities to Build GRIT and Resilience in Children
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Hernandez.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!