Zara and Leo arrive in Papua New Guinea! Leo is nervous about the big bird festival; will Zara be able to convince him that being HIMSELF is the best way to have fun? And discover the amazing and unique voyages of Kira Salak, the brave explorer and journalist who traveled the world and found... herself!
In this episode, children will:
- discover how to celebrate who THEY are
- travel to Papua New Guinea
- be inspired by Kira Salak, the brave explorer and journalist
- Read Chapter 5 "Be Unique, Be You" of the Big Life Journal - Second Edition and children will reflect on all the things which make them unique.
- Unstoppable Me! 10 Ways to Soar Through Life by Wayne W. Dyer
- Dreams Come True...All They Need Is You! by Mike Dooley
- You Are Awesome: Find Your Confidence and Dare to be Brilliant at (Almost) Anything by Matthew Syed
1. Use the I Am Uniquely Me Board (in the Podcast Activity Kit) to explore what makes children unique. It can be done as a family, group, or classroom setting and have everyone share their boards and celebrate the beautiful differences that make our world a wonderful place.
2. Have your child create My Big Life Board (in the Self-Esteem & Confidence Kit). This is a great project for them to be creative in displaying their favorite things and visualizing their dreams.
3. Use the All About Me printable page in the Self-Esteem & Confidence Kit for your children to think of other ways that make them unique.
4. Send Encouragement Notes (in the Self-Esteem & Confidence Kit) to offer encouragement and support to your children or students and build up their self-esteem. You can cut out the notes and put inside their lunch boxes or leave the notes anywhere else you think they would love finding them.
- Think of a family member or a friend. Name something unique about them.
- Name something unique about YOU.
- Why was Leo nervous about the big bird festival? Have you ever been nervous prior to a big event, gathering, or party? What's important to remember in moments like these?
For Parents and Teachers
- 7 New (And Fun) Ways for Kids To Do Affirmations
- 7 Activities to Help Your Child Develop a Positive Attitude
- 5 Fun Mindfulness Activities for Children
- Want Your Kids To Have High Self-Esteem? Science Says Do This
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.