Zara and Leo go for a walk in the forest and discover an abandoned factory. When the factory comes to life, they have to figure out what each of the mysterious machines is for! Discover the power of teamwork and meet the Peace Corps volunteer who created a team that makes chocolate and happiness at the same time!
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- discover the power of working together
- learn how to use their unique skills as a team
- understand every member of a team has an important part to play
- In this episode, Zeo and Leo discovered an abandoned factory. If you had your own factory, what would you want the factory to make?
- Tim’s chocolate factory needed people with lots of different skills to come together and work as a team. What’s another situation where you need people with different skills to come together and work as a team?
- What is one skill you bring to a team?
Boxitects by Kim Smith
Two students find a way to join together creatively and work to succeed.
- Swimmy by Leo Lionni
A school of fish must work together to overcome danger in this award-winning picture book.
- That Fruit is Mine! By Anuska Allepuz
A story of how five elephants learned the importance of teamwork from an unlikely source: mice.
- Pixie Hollow Games (Film)
A short film (22 minutes) about Tinkerbell and her friends using teamwork to win a race.
- Miracle (Film)
A classic film based on the true story of the American Olympic hockey team.
- Monsters University (Film)
A prequel to Monsters Inc., this film shows how Mike, Sully and other monsters had to learn to work together as a team to succeed.
1. Try out the Lift Others As You Rise Printable from our Podcast Season 3 & 4 Printable Kit. This craft allows children to reflect on ways they can support others, either in a team or in other situations.
2. Brainstorm with your children about what kind of team they would like to build. What are the specific ways they can contribute to their vision? What helps a team work best?
3. Find age-specific strategies and activities designed to help children learn empathy and cooperation in our article Key Strategies to Teach Children Empathy (Sorted by Age).
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Maloney.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!