Zara and Leo are travelling through rural Mongolia on horseback. They have BIG dreams for their journey... but absolutely no idea how to achieve them. Find out how to take steps towards your dreams and goals and discover the Swiss explorer who galloped her way to a life filled with adventure!
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- uncover the secret to setting goals effectively
- learn how to break a goal into small steps
- travel to Mongolia and get inspired by the Swiss adventurer, Sarah Marquis
- Can you name one fun fact you discovered about Mongolia?
- What were three things Sarah did on her big adventure?
- Are you working towards a goal? How would you break the goal into smaller steps?
A Chair for my Mother by Vera B. Williams
“After a fire destroys their home and possessions, Rosa, her mother and her grandmother save their money to buy a big comfortable chair they can all enjoy.”
(Watch it read-aloud HERE)
Little One Step by Simon James
The story of a tiny duckling going on a big adventure one step at a time.
Over the Moon (Netflix Film) - Rated PG
A young girl builds a rocket to achieve her goal of meeting a mythical moon goddess.
- Rock Dog - Rated PG
An animated dog works towards his goal of becoming a musician.
1. Try the “Goal Planning Activity” (in our Podcast Season 1 & 2 Activity Kit). In this activity, you will take your big goal and break it down into smaller steps.
2. Use the “My Goal Thing Sheet” (in our Self-Esteem and Confidence Kit) to set effective goals and work towards achieving them.
3. Don’t have a particular goal in mind yet? Make an “I will...” list (as described in our 7 Fun Goal Setting Activities article). Here, you can brainstorm ideas you may want to try and potential goals you may want to set for yourself.
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Maloney.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!