Zara and Leo love to hear from you, our listeners! Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
This week, Landon learns how to stop comparing himself to the other kids at the skatepark, and Zara and Leo create a ROCKET that helps them to focus on their goals!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- Learn to focus on their own goals and progress
- Be inspired by our listener Landon
- Create a Goal Rocket
- Happy Dreamer by Peter H. Reynolds
- Thanks for the Feedback, I Think (Best Me I Can Be!) by Julia Cook
- Unstoppable Me! 10 Ways to Soar Through Life by Wayne W. Dyer
- Up (2009) PG This movie teaches that life is meant to be an adventure and it is never too late to find meaning and purpose.
- Kung Fu Panda (2008) PG In Kung Fu Panda, Po, a noodle-slurping dreamer, must embrace his true self in order to become the Dragon Warrior.
- A video about Sky Brown, a kid champion skateboarder, who doesn’t compare herself to adult skateboarders and focuses on her own progress.
2. Learn all about your AMAZING brains with the neuroplasticity printables and posters available in the Growth Mindset Printables Kit.
3. Try the helpful goal-setting printables in the Self-Esteem & Confidence Kit PDF.
4. Make a Bucket List. Typically, a bucket list is a list of accomplishments, experiences, or achievements that someone wants to have during their lifetime.
5. Check out the Podcast Activity Kit for Seasons 1 & 2. The kit includes engaging activities to boost self-esteem, teach the importance of learning from mistakes, encourage resilience and more!
- Why did Zara feel that they should withdraw from the competition?
- What did Landon realise when he stopped comparing his progress to others?
- What goals can you work on while focusing on your own progress?
For Parents and Teachers
- How to Help Children Stop Comparing Themselves to Others
- Addressing COVID Back-To-School Concerns
- 9 Activities to Build GRIT and Resilience in Children
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Hernandez.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!