Once the kindness rocks are made, kids can hide them around neighbourhoods, stores, schools, and other places for people to find (see our list of ideas below).
Before you move on, be sure to sign up for our FREE weekly printables carefully crafted to teach your children’s growth mindset, resilience, and much more. Sign up below to make sure you're on the list!
Once signed up, you will immediately receive our popular Parent's Guide to a Growth Mindset.
Below are some ideas you can use the kindness rocks this holiday season.
- leave them out for delivery drivers (we included a sign you can print)
- top off each place setting with a rock before the holiday dinner
- put a basket with rocks next to toy or food drive containers for people to take
Below are some ideas where kids can hide their rocks. We recommend placing rocks in places that do not disturb nature or other natural habitats. Be sure not to place rocks in state or national parks and check with your local parks too.
- Store shelves (grocery store, toy store, book store, etc.)
- Library bookshelves
- Sports fields
- Community centre
- Zoo or museum
- Parking lot
- Swimming pool
- Malls or outdoor shopping centres
- Bus stops
Kindness Rocks Basket
You can also make a Kindness Rocks Basket! Put your rocks into a basket and place it on your front porch, at a community centre, or at your school for others to take.
It's also a great thing to do for a party!