THIS ARTICLE INCLUDES A FREE PRINTABLE
Having a growth mindset is powerful! There are many ways we can cultivate a growth mindset each day. Mantras and statements are simple and effective tools to encourage children and they can be used in a variety of ways.
We’ve created a list of 45 Growth Mindset Mantras based on input from our Raising Kids with a Growth Mindset Facebook Community! You can start using these in your home or classroom.
Before you move on, be sure to sign up for our FREE weekly printables carefully crafted to teach your children’s growth mindset, resilience, and much more. Sign up below to make sure you're on the list!
Once signed up, you will immediately receive our popular Parent's Guide to a Growth Mindset.
- Mistakes are an opportunity to grow.
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
- Mistakes are expected, inspected, and corrected.
- If what I’m doing isn’t working, then what I’m doing has to change.
- I can’t do it...YET!
- Today, I will try something new!
- Practice makes progress.
- I can do difficult things!
- I fail now, so I can master later.
- Even if I make mistakes while trying, I will still try my best every time because eventually, I will succeed!
- FAIL= First Attempt In Learning
- Mistakes are how I learn.
- Whatever happens, I’ll handle it.
- This is tough but so am I.
- Everyone makes mistakes, that's why pencils have erasers.
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
- I am capable.
- Do your best and learn from your mistakes.
- Do your best and have fun!
- Be the change you want to see!
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you!
- Forget the mistake, remember the lesson.
- Big ideas start small.
- Everything is difficult before it gets easy!
- The expert in anything was once a beginner.
- If you learn to love challenges, you will always be growing.
- I have GRIT and I don’t quit!
- Whether you believe you can or you can’t, you’re right.
- Mistakes make your brain grow.
- I’m not perfect, I’m learning.
- Let’s make better mistakes tomorrow.
- Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.
- Say you can, you might. Say you can’t, you’re right.
- I am safe. I am calm. I can handle this.
- Chances aren’t given, they’re taken.
- Anything worth doing is worth doing badly. Just give it a try.
- Limits exist only in my mind.
- You’ve got this and I’ve got you!
- Attitude is everything.
- Patience, perseverance, and practice.
- Keep going until you’re proud.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
- If you need more time, you just need more time.
- You control your choices.
- Learning is messy.